22 Enlightening Quotes From Buddha
Before I rattle off some of these famous quotes by Buddha, here’s a little background information on this famous spiritual figure.
Siddartha Gautama was born in the 6th century BC as a prince in what is now modern-day Nepal. Ultimately, he left his life of privilege to understand the purpose of suffering and became the founder of Buddhism. He is known less formally as simply “Buddha” or “The Enlightened One.”
There are many famous quotes by Buddha on how to live an enlightened and inspired life. Here are a few of his best!
Quotes by Buddha:
1. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
2. You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
3. The mind is everything. What you think you become.
4. We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
5. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
6. What we think, we become.
7. It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
8. Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
9. Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
10. Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
11. It is better to travel well than to arrive.
12. Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
13. A jug fills drop by drop.
14 .Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
15. The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
16. He who gives away shall have real gain. He who subdues himself shall be free; he shall cease to be a slave of passions. The righteous man casts off evil, and by rooting out lust, bitterness, and illusion do we reach Nirvana.
17. We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
18. Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
19. Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
20. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
21. A jug fills drop by drop.
22. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
Andrea Schulman is a former high school psychology teacher and the creator of ‘Raise Your Vibration Today.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Project Yourself
As parents, we all wonder how to be sure our kids are receiving the best education possible. And part of this is being sure their lifestyle and home-life support their learning. So, how can you make sure your child is getting the most out of his or her hours spent in school? One way is
Ginger is one of the healthiest (and most delicious) super foods on the planet. It is loaded with nutrients and bio active compounds that have powerful benefits for your whole body and even your brain. Ginger belongs to the Zingiberaceae family, and is closely related to turmeric, cardamom and galangal. The rhizome (which is the
Being a long distance relationship can be taxing. It’s hard to maintain when two people are in the same place already, so the distance adds a whole other dimension to the relationship. But don’t let the miles bog you down- try to focus on the the little things you can do now so you can